At Salem College – Rushfest, Emily Rush calling
Sunday, December 3 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Come to the FREE lesson at 5:30 pm December 3 at Salem College at the early evening Sunday dance! Then get ready for some high energy dancing from 6pm – 9pm as you experience Rushfest with Emily Rush.
Rushfest is dancing to recorded popular music specially formated for contra dances. Everything! Pop, rock ‘n’ roll, tango, oldies, jazz, all the music!
– No partner necessary, No experience necessary
– If you can walk, you can contra dance
– If new, join in the fun lesson at 5:30
– Bring clean, soft soled shoes with you to change into to protect floors
– Bring friends for more fun!
– Community dancing for all ages
– High energy, live music
– Everyone makes mistakes but nobody cares
– The more you do it, the easier and more fun it becomes
– Treat one another with care and respect, smile and have a good time!
FREE Lesson 5:30pm – 6pm
Dance 6pm -9pm with a short break in middle
Salem students and faculty $3
General admission $10 (Members $8)
Full time students 23 and under $6 (Members $5)
Salem College: Bryant Hall
790 E. Salem Ave, Winston-Salem, NC
Easy access from Business-40 “Salem College” exits
Access from 52 S.- take Exit 108b “Reasearch Parkway”, turn L,
follow to next light, L at light to traffic circle, 2nd Rd is Salem Avenue
(Bryant Hall houses the gym, fitness center and Salem Commons)
Enter from Salem Avenue near the athletic fields on the south
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers Website:
Salem College Contra Collaborators
Fiddle and Bow Country (and Contra) Dancers
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.