- This event has passed.
Contra Dance Greensboro Grange Hushpuppies/Caller Jack Mitchell
Saturday, October 19, 2019 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Though they have a lot of fun with it, The Hushpuppies are very serious about their music and for each of them collecting, playing and singing old-time music occupies much of their time and energy. All four play several instruments well and all four are unaffected, natural singers.
What truly sets the Hushpuppies apart and makes them an outstanding revival old-time band is that they have integrated all sources of music and folded it all into a natural style of their own.
– No partner necessary! No experience necessary!
– If you can walk, you can contra dance
– If new, join in the fun lesson at 7:30pm
– Bring clean, soft soled shoes with you to change into to protect floors
– Bring friends for more fun!
– Community dancing for all ages
– High energy, live music
– Everyone makes mistakes but nobody cares
– The more you do it, the easier and more fun it becomes
– Treat one another with care and respect, smile and have a good time
General admission $10 (Members $8)
Full time students 23 and under $6 (Members $5).
Free Lesson 7:30 – 8:00pm
Dance 8 – 11:00 pm
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers
Fiddle & BowCountry Dancers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
Location: Guilford Grange Hall. 4909 Guilford School Rd, Greensboro, NC.
*Note – Despite what internet mapping sites may show, Guilford School Rd is NOT accessible from Guilford College Rd.
Directions: Traveling in either direction on I-40, take Exit 213 (Guilford College Rd). At the end of the ramp, turn right and continue about a mile until you cross railroad tracks at West Market Street. In 100 more feet, turn left onto Lindley Rd. Go 4 tenths mi., then turn right onto Guilford School Rd. The Grange is the last building on the right.