- This event has passed.
Contra Dance Greensboro Grange – Swang and Caller Linda Cooper
Saturday, November 16, 2019 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Swang is a trio of veteran contra dance musicians playing traditional tunes from Acadia (Québec, Nova Scotia, and Maine). Based in the Triangle, Swang! features Paul Fackler on fiddle, Julie Gorka on piano, and Colin Cannell on percussion.
Caller will be Linda Cooper.
– No partner necessary! No experience necessary!
– If you can walk, you can contra dance
– If new, join in the fun lesson at 7:30pm
– Bring clean, soft soled shoes with you to change into to protect floors
– Bring friends for more fun!
– Community dancing for all ages
– High energy, live music
– Everyone makes mistakes but nobody cares
– The more you do it, the easier and more fun it becomes
– Treat one another with care and respect, smile and have a good time
General admission $10 (Members $8)
Full time students 23 and under $6 (Members $5).
Free Lesson 7:30 – 8:00pm
Dance 8 – 11:00 pm
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers
Fiddle & BowCountry Dancers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
Location: Guilford Grange Hall. 4909 Guilford School Rd, Greensboro, NC.
*Note – Despite what internet mapping sites may show, Guilford School Rd is NOT accessible from Guilford College Rd.
Directions: Traveling in either direction on I-40, take Exit 213 (Guilford College Rd). At the end of the ramp, turn right and continue about a mile until you cross railroad tracks at West Market Street. In 100 more feet, turn left onto Lindley Rd. Go 4 tenths mi., then turn right onto Guilford School Rd. The Grange is the last building on the right.