- This event has passed.
Contra Dance Greensboro – David Digiuseppe & George Paul wit Caller Bree Kalb
Saturday, May 18, 2019 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
On Saturday, May 18th, we are privileged to have two musicians extraordinaire – David DiGiuseppe and George Paul! When these two guys get together there is real magic in the air as the music weaves together in an intricate tapestry of rhythms, textures and tones. Their original tunes, their swing and jazz improvisations and traditional tunes will energize and thrill you throughout the evening!
Our Caller will be Bree Kalb.
– No partner necessary, No experience necessary
– If you can walk, you can contra dance
– If new, join in the fun lesson at 7:30
– Bring clean, soft soled shoes with you to change into to protect floors
– Bring friends for more fun!
– Community dancing for all ages
– High energy, live music
– Everyone makes mistakes but nobody cares
– The more you do it, the easier and more fun it becomes
– Treat one another with care and respect, smile and have a good time
General admission $10 (Members $8)
Full time students 23 and under $6 (Members $5).
Free Lesson 7:30 – 8
Dance 8 – 11:00 pm
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
Location: Guilford Grange Hall. 4909 Guilford School Rd, Greensboro, NC.
*Note – Despite what internet mapping sites may show, Guilford School Rd is NOT accessible from Guilford College Rd.
Directions: Traveling in either direction on I-40, take Exit 213 (Guilford College Rd). At the end of the ramp, turn right and continue about a mile until you cross railroad tracks at West Market Street. In 100 more feet, turn left onto Lindley Rd. Go 4 tenths mi., then turn right onto Guilford School Rd. The Grange is the last building on the right.