Contra Dance Salem College – Tim Smith & Eileen Regan of Big Celtic Fun Band with Caller Charlotte Crittenden
Sunday, March 3 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
On Sunday, March 3. at Salem College, members of the well known band, Big Celtic Fun come to energize the dancing for us! Hear some great Irish and contra dance music with Tim Smith (flute, tin whistle, concertina, piano and a vocal or two), Eileen Regan (fiddle, guitar, Celtic harp and vocals). Good music like this makes the dancing so much fun!
Charlotte is famous in Brasstown for being able to do everything from call a great contra dance to build a rock wall to shear a sheep! She is fast becoming a popular regional caller, calling at Old Farmer’s Ball, River Falls, Grey Eagle, Chattanooga, and Sautee. Charlotte is also assistant coordinator for Winter Dance Week and assistant instructor for many Folk School classes.
– No partner necessary, No experience necessary
– If you can walk, you can contra dance
– If new, join in the fun lesson at 7:30
– Bring clean, soft soled shoes with you to change into to protect floors
– Bring friends for more fun!
– Community dancing for all ages
– High energy, live music
– Everyone makes mistakes but nobody cares
– The more you do it, the easier and more fun it becomes
– Treat one another with care and respect, smile and have a good time
Salem students and faculty $3
General admission $10 (Members $8)
Full time students 23 and under $6 (Members $5)
FREE Lesson 7:30
Dance 8-11pm with short break in middle
Salem College: Bryant Hall
790 E. Salem Ave, Winston-Salem, NC
I40 Business exit is closed!!!
Access through I40, Highway52 South to Research Parkway, then turn left and then left on Rams and left on Salem.
(Bryant Hall houses the gym, fitness center and Salem Commons)
Enter from Salem Avenue near the athletic fields on the south
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers Website: www.FeetRetreat.com
Follow us on our Facebook Page: Fiddle and Bow Country Dancers
Join our Facebook Group: Fiddle and Bow Contra Dancers
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.