Contra Dance Salem College- High Country Rollers, Caller Eileen Thorsos
Sunday, January 13, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
We welcome back the High Country Rollers! We eagerly anticipate dancing to the music of this four piece band on Sunday, January 13th at Salem College.
Let me introduce the band:
Kilby Spencer is from Crumpler NC and has been playing old-time music on fiddle for most of his life.
Kelley Breiding, a NC native an award-winning banjo player, propels the band’s sound with her rhythmic clawhammer style banjo.
Rick Davidson, from Lewisville NC, is a multi-instrumental award-winning string band musician.
Joanne Davidson, from Lewisville NC, is an accomplished upright bass and guitar player.
Our Caller for this dance will be Eileen Thorsos!
– No partner necessary, No experience necessary
– If you can walk, you can contra dance
– If new, join in the fun lesson at 5:30
– Bring clean, soft soled shoes with you to change into to protect floors
– Bring friends for more fun!
– Community dancing for all ages
– High energy, live music
– Everyone makes mistakes but nobody cares
– The more you do it, the easier and more fun it becomes
– Treat one another with care and respect, smile and have a good time
Salem students and faculty $3
General admission $10 (Members $8)
Full time students 23 and under $6 (Members $5)
FREE Lesson 5:30 – 6
Dance 6 – 9 pm with short break in middle
Salem College: Bryant Hall
790 E. Salem Ave, Winston-Salem, NC
Easy access from Business-40 or NC-52, “Salem College” exits
(Bryant Hall houses the gym, fitness center and Salem Commons)
Enter from Salem Avenue near the athletic fields on the south
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers Website: www.FeetRetreat.com
Follow us on our Facebook Page: Fiddle and Bow Country Dancers
Join our Facebook Group: Fiddle and Bow Contra Dancers
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.