David DiGuiseppe & George Paul, Emily Rush calling
Tuesday, May 2 @ 8:00 pm - 10:30 pm
On Tuesday, May 2 at Salem College we are privilaged to have two musicians extraordinaire – David DiGiuseppe and George Paul! When these two guys get together there is real magic in the music as they weave together an intricate tapestry of rhythms, textures and tones. Their original tunes as well as the swing and jazz improvisations they do with traditional tunes will energize and thrill you throughout the evening!
Emily Rush of Rushfest is the caller for the evening. She brings fun and interesting dances with her wherever she goes and calls them clearly while getting into the music herself!
– No partner necessary because you will dance with everyone in the room. 🙂
– If you’re new, you’ll probably have more fun if you attend the short lesson at 7:30 just before the dance.
– Please bring clean, soft soled shoes to change into.
– Dancing starts at 8 and runs until 10:30 with a short break in the middle.
– Bring friends whenever you can for more fun and for growing the dance.
– In contra, everyone makes mistakes but nobody cares so have fun!
Remember to treat all dancers, especially beginning dancers with care and respect and help them have a good time.
General Admission $8
Salem Faculty & Students $3
Other full time students (under 25) $5.
Free Lesson 7:30 – 8
Dance 8 – 10:30 pm
Salem College: Bryant Hall
790 E. Salem Ave, Winston-Salem, NC
Easy access from Business-40 or NC-52, “Salem College” exits
(Bryant Hall houses the gym, fitness center and Salem Commons)
Enter from Salem Avenue near the athletic fields on the south side of campus