- This event has passed.
Greensboro – Copious Notes with Tom Hinds of VA calling
Saturday, January 20 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Copious Notes (Mara Shea & Julie Gorka of the Triangle) with Tom Hinds of VA calling!
at the Grange in Greensboro
7:30 pm lesson and mingle
8 -11 dance!
January 20, Saturday, at the Greensboro Grange we have a couple of very talented ladies from the Triangle energizing us on the dance floor with their great music on fiddle and keyboard! Mara Shea and Julie Gorka are some favorite musicians from right here in North Carolina.
Not only that but this dance features American dance creator and caller, Tom Hinds, from Virginia! Prolific dance writer and publisher, he is friendly, fun, inspirational, and just generally wonderful.
Lots of good parking at the Grange is now available!
– No partner necessary, No experience necessary
– If you can walk, you can contra dance
– If new, join in the fun lesson at 7:30
– Bring clean, soft soled shoes with you to change into to protect floors
– Bring friends for more fun!
– Community dancing for all ages
– High energy, live music
– Everyone makes mistakes but nobody cares
– The more you do it, the easier and more fun it becomes
– Treat one another with care and respect, smile and have a good time
General admission $10 (Members $8)
Full time students 23 and under $6 (Members $5).
Free Lesson 7:30 – 8
Dance 8 – 11:00 pm
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers
Fiddle & Bow Contra Dancers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
Location: Guilford Grange Hall. 4909 Guilford School Rd, Greensboro, NC.
*Note – Despite what internet mapping sites may show, Guilford School Rd is NOT accessible from Guilford College Rd.
Directions: Traveling in either direction on I-40, take Exit 213 (Guilford College Rd). At the end of the ramp, turn right and continue about a mile until you cross railroad tracks at West Market Street. In 100 more feet, turn left onto Lindley Rd. Go 4 tenths mi., then turn right onto Guilford School Rd. The Grange is the last building on the right.