- This event has passed.
Greensboro Grange – Big Celtic Fun (Eileen + Tim) with Cynthia Stewart calling
Saturday, March 10 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Saturday, March 10, Grange, Big Celtic Fun members Eileen Reagan and Tim Smith with Cynthia Stewart calling.
Lesson and fellowship 7:30, dance 8-11pm
Members of the well known band, Big Celtic Fun come to energize the dancing for us! Hear some great Irish and contra dance music with Tim Smith (flute, tin whistle, concertina, piano and a vocal or two), Eileen Regan (fiddle, guitar, Celtic harp and vocals). They have lots of fun while they are playing and so will you on the dance floor!
Our local caller, Cynthia Stewart, who is a long time dancer and been involved in our organization for many years brings her love of contra dance to us through a fun repertoire of dances she enjoys that will make this a fun evening!
– No partner necessary, No experience necessary
– If you can walk, you can contra dance
– If new, join in the fun lesson at 7:30
– Bring clean, soft soled shoes with you to change into to protect floors
– Bring friends for more fun!
– Community dancing for all ages
– High energy, live music
– Everyone makes mistakes but nobody cares
– The more you do it, the easier and more fun it becomes
– Treat one another with care and respect, smile and have a good time
General admission $10 (Members $8)
Full time students 23 and under $6 (Members $5).
Free Lesson 7:30 – 8
Dance 8 – 11:00 pm
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
Location: Guilford Grange Hall. 4909 Guilford School Rd, Greensboro, NC.
*Note – Despite what internet mapping sites may show, Guilford School Rd is NOT accessible from Guilford College Rd.
Directions: Traveling in either direction on I-40, take Exit 213 (Guilford College Rd). At the end of the ramp, turn right and continue about a mile until you cross railroad tracks at West Market Street. In 100 more feet, turn left onto Lindley Rd. Go 4 tenths mi., then turn right onto Guilford School Rd. The Grange is the last building on the right.