- This event has passed.
Greensboro – Reel Shady – Bree Kalb
Saturday, February 17, 2018 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Saturday February 17 at Guilford Grange in Greensboro
Reel Shady with Triangle caller, Bree Kalb
Lesson and fellowship 7:30pm (free)
Dance 8-11pm (admission pricing below)
We’ll thrill to the sounds of the well known regional band, Reel Shady as they provide their own energetic interpretation of Scottish, Celtic and traditional tunes! Reel Shady has been providing listeners with this finely detailed, tight sound at venues in the area’s venues for many years, adding fresh new interpretations at each dance! They blend their many talents, experience and instruments in a way that makes dancing to the music easy and fun.
Bree Kalb is a warm and gracious caller from the Triangle who will guide us through the dances of the evening.
– No partner necessary, No experience necessary
– If you can walk, you can contra dance
– If new, join in the fun lesson at 7:30
– Bring clean, soft soled shoes with you to change into to protect floors
– Bring friends for more fun!
– Community dancing for all ages
– High energy, live music
– Everyone makes mistakes but nobody cares
– The more you do it, the easier and more fun it becomes
– Treat one another with care and respect, smile and have a good time
General admission $10 (Members $8)
Full time students 23 and under $6 (Members $5).
Free Lesson 7:30 – 8
Dance 8 – 11:00 pm
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
Location: Guilford Grange Hall. 4909 Guilford School Rd, Greensboro, NC.
*Note – Despite what internet mapping sites may show, Guilford School Rd is NOT accessible from Guilford College Rd.
Directions: Traveling in either direction on I-40, take Exit 213 (Guilford College Rd). At the end of the ramp, turn right and continue about a mile until you cross railroad tracks at West Market Street. In 100 more feet, turn left onto Lindley Rd. Go 4 tenths mi., then turn right onto Guilford School Rd. The Grange is the last building on the right.