- This event has passed.
Greensboro – Rip the Calico with Joy Greenwolf calling
Saturday, June 16 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Saturday, June 19th at the Guilford Grange in Greensboro we are proud to have “Rip The Calico” play for our dance! Rip the Calico is a four piece high energy contra dance band from North Carolina. Drawing heavily from Celtic influences (and origins), the “Calicos” will take you on a dance journey from dulcet circlings to mad romps across the dance floor.
Our Caller will be Joy Greenwolf, a favorite on the Contra Dance Curcuit.
– No partner necessary, No experience necessary
– If you can walk, you can contra dance
– If new, join in the fun lesson at 7:30
– Bring clean, soft soled shoes with you to change into to protect floors
– Bring friends for more fun!
– Community dancing for all ages
– High energy, live music
– Everyone makes mistakes but nobody cares
– The more you do it, the easier and more fun it becomes
– Treat one another with care and respect, smile and have a good time
General admission $10 (Members $8)
Full time students 23 and under $6 (Members $5).
Free Lesson 7:30 – 8
Dance 8 – 11:00 pm
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
Location: Guilford Grange Hall. 4909 Guilford School Rd, Greensboro, NC.
*Note – Despite what internet mapping sites may show, Guilford School Rd is NOT accessible from Guilford College Rd.
Directions: Traveling in either direction on I-40, take Exit 213 (Guilford College Rd). At the end of the ramp, turn right and continue about a mile until you cross railroad tracks at West Market Street. In 100 more feet, turn left onto Lindley Rd. Go 4 tenths mi., then turn right onto Guilford School Rd. The Grange is the last building on the right.