- This event has passed.
Greensboro – SPECIAL! Gene Hubert Dance – Deep Valley Drifters, multiple callers
Saturday, April 21, 2018 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
On Saturday, April 21 at the Guilford Grange in Greensboro dancers from all around will come together for the annual Gene Hubert Memorial Dance. To help us celebrate this icon of contra dance who wrote so many of the amazing and fun dances that are done at contra venues everywhere we have two great musicians providing the energetic music for the evening – Maria Faichild and Ted Ehrhard – known as “The Deep Valley Drifters”!
They will be joined by Dean Herington.
The conucopia of Gene Hubert dances will be called by some of our favorite callers from the area and will make this an unforgettable dance evening you’ll want to share with friends. People will come from all around for this special annual event and you’re invited to join us!
– No partner necessary, No experience necessary
– If you can walk, you can contra dance
– If new, join in the fun lesson at 7:30
– Bring clean, soft soled shoes with you to change into to protect floors
– Bring friends for more fun!
– Community dancing for all ages
– High energy, live music
– Everyone makes mistakes but nobody cares
– The more you do it, the easier and more fun it becomes
– Treat one another with care and respect, smile and have a good time
General admission $10 (Members $8)
Full time students 23 and under $6 (Members $5).
Free Lesson 7:30 – 8
Dance 8 – 11:00 pm
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers
Fiddle & Bow Contra Dancers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
Location: Guilford Grange Hall. 4909 Guilford School Rd, Greensboro, NC 27406
*Note – Despite what internet mapping sites may show, Guilford School Rd is NOT accessible from Guilford College Rd.
Directions: Traveling in either direction on I-40, take Exit 213 (Guilford College Rd). At the end of the ramp, turn right and continue about a mile until you cross railroad tracks at West Market Street. In 100 more feet, turn left onto Lindley Rd. Go 4 tenths mi., then turn right onto Guilford School Rd. The Grange is the last building on the right.