Reel Shady with George Segebade calling
Tuesday, May 9 @ 8:00 pm - 10:30 pm
First THERE IS A POTLUCK at 6:30 so you can bring food and mingle over a meal!
A short beginner’s lesson starts around 7:30 just before the dance at 8:00.
Friends await you Tuesday, May 9 at the Clemmons Civic Club as long time popular area band, Reel Shady, takes the stage to bring us a variety of traditional, Celtic and other tunes that make us happy that we know about contra dancing! Their sonic range from the lows of the bass to the highs of the whistle and fiddles is a pleasure to listen to and carries our feet lightly over the dance floor.
George Segabade, who has been calling throughout the region for years, will be walking us through his selection of dances making sure both beginners and experienced dancers have a good time. Bring a few friends to share in the fun with you!
– No partner necessary because you will dance with everyone in the room. 🙂
– If you’re new, you’ll probably have more fun if you attend the short lesson at 7:30 just before the dance.
– Please bring clean, soft soled shoes with you.
– Dancing starts at 8 and runs until 10:30 with a short break in the middle.
– Bring friends whenever you can for more fun and for growing the dance.
– Everyone makes mistakes but nobody cares so have fun!
Remember to treat all dancers, especially beginning dancers with care and respect and help them have a good time.
General admission $8
Full time students (under 25) $5.
Free Lesson 7:30 – 8
Dance 8 – 10:30 pm
Clemmons Civic Club
Exit 184 from I-40
2870 Middlebrook Drive, Clemmons, NC