Special! Barefoot from Maine, Nick Boulet calling
Tuesday, May 16 @ 8:00 pm - 10:30 pm
SPECIAL feature dance with touring band BAREFOOT! Tuesday, May 16 at Clemmons Civic Club welcome the amazing Barefoot from Maine! Barefoot has an energetic take on traditional folk and contemporary pop & electronica. Fired by improv and original compositions with long tap roots in New England and Acadien tunes. If you liked the sounds of the nationally known band Perpetual – eMotion you’ll like Ed Howe in this band with the young Jamie Oshima! By the way, Barefoot will be one of the headlining bands for Spring LEAF Festival.
There will be lots of energy in the room as our caller, Nick Boulet, pulls out all the stops and lets loose his repertoire of great dances. But don’t worry, he is always helpful in making sure everyone including new dancers get thorough walk-throughs of each dance before we all do it with the music.
Remember, the more people you bring out to the dance, the more fun it will be!
– No partner necessary because you will dance with everyone in the room. 🙂
– If you’re new, you’ll probably have more fun if you attend the short free lesson at 7:30 just before the dance.
– Please bring clean, soft soled shoes with you to change into to keep the nice floor nice.
– Dancing starts at 8 and runs until 10:30 with a short break in the middle.
– Bring friends whenever you can for more fun and for growing the dance.
– Contra dancing is community dancing for most all ages
– In contra, everyone makes mistakes but nobody cares so have fun!
Remember to treat all dancers, especially beginning dancers with care and respect and help them have a good time.
General admission $8
Full time students (under 25) $5.
Free Lesson 7:30 – 8
Dance 8 – 10:30 pm
Clemmons Civic Club
Exit 184 from I-40
2870 Middlebrook Drive, Clemmons, NC
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers is a non-profit organization
Fiddle & Bow country Dancers website: www.feetretreat.com
Facebook Page: Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers
Facebook Group: Fiddle & Bow Contra Dancers