- This event has passed.
Tesserae with David Glick calling
Tuesday, May 23, 2017 @ 8:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Husband and wife team, Tesserae, come to share their talents with us at the Clemmons dance on Tuesday, May 23 while one of our great local callers, David Glick, leads us through the evening’s fun dances!
Tesserae is professional musician and composer, David Lane, on keyboard and his wife, Jennifer Lane, on fiddle, also a professional musician as well as member of Dragonfly and other bands. They are awesome musicians who have lately been sharing their musical talents with dancers at several of the region’s fine contra dance venues. Come and check them out and enjoy their fresh take on contra dance music. Friendly dancers and a fun evening of physical activity and fellowship await you!
– No partner necessary because you will dance with everyone in the room. 🙂
– If you’re new, you’ll probably have more fun if you attend the short lesson at 7:30 just before the dance.
– Please bring clean, soft soled shoes with you to change into to keep the nice floor nice.
– Dancing starts at 8 and runs until 10:30 with a short break in the middle.
– Bring friends whenever you can for more fun and for growing the dance.
– Contra dancing is community dancing for most all ages
– In contra, everyone makes mistakes but nobody cares so have fun!
Remember to treat all dancers, especially beginning dancers with care and respect and help them have a good time.
Note: there will be a slight price increase for non-members beginning in June
General admission $8
Full time students (under 25) $5.
Free Lesson 7:30 – 8
Dance 8 – 10:30 pm
Clemmons Civic Club
Exit 184 from I-40
2870 Middlebrook Drive, Clemmons, NC
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers Website:
Follow us on our Facebook Page: Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers
Join our Facebook Group: Fiddle & Bow Contra Dancers
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers is a non-profit organization