- This event has passed.
The Deep Valley Drifters with caller Joy Greenwolfe
Saturday, May 20 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
At the Grange, Saturday, May 20 The Deep Valley Drifters (Ted Ehrhard & Maria Fairchild) will blow over our way to play some awesome contra dance music for the dances brought in by caller Joy Greenwolfe, a favorite on the contra dance circuit, to make our monthly Saturday dance a wonderful place to come together and dance with friendly, fun loving people of all ages! Join us for an exciting evening of dancing to traditional tunes and their own original songs and tunes — fiddle, banjo, guitar, and more!
Because the school is under construction we suggest some people park on the curb along Lea Ray Drive. Leaving the Grange, turn right on Lindley Road then immediate left on Lea Ray, a residential street. Please do not block driveways or fire hydrants, etc. No parking at the nearby church please.
– No partner necessary because you will dance with everyone in the room. 🙂
– If you’re new, you’ll probably have more fun if you attend the short lesson at 7:30 just before the dance.
– Please bring clean, soft soled shoes with you to change into to keep the nice floor nice.
– Dancing starts at 8 and runs until 10:30 with a short break in the middle.
– Bring friends whenever you can for more fun and for growing the dance.
– Contra dancing is community dancing for most all ages
– In contra, everyone makes mistakes but nobody cares so have fun!
Remember to treat beginning dancers with care and respect and help them have a good time.
Note: there will be a slight increase in prices for non-members beginning in June
General admission $8
Full time students (under 25) $5.
Free Lesson 7:30 – 8
Dance 8 – 11:00 pm
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers
Facebook group: Fiddle and Bow Contra Dancers
Facebook page: Fiddle and Bow Country Dancers
Location: Guilford Grange Hall. 4909 Guilford School Rd, Greensboro, NC.
*Note – Despite what internet mapping sites may show, Guilford School Rd is NOT accessible from Guilford College Rd.
Directions: Traveling in either direction on I-40, take Exit 213 (Guilford College Rd). At the end of the ramp, turn right and continue about a mile until you cross railroad tracks at West Market Street. In 100 more feet, turn left onto Lindley Rd. Go 4 tenths mi., then turn right onto Guilford School Rd. The Grange is the last building on the right.