TuneRider with Warren Doyle calling
Tuesday, May 30 @ 8:00 pm - 10:30 pm
[ Lights, camera, action! We will have the holiday lights up for atmosphere for this dance and during the break a small film crew will be shooting a scene for a romantic comedy. Just ignore them and please don’t look at the camera even though you want to see what is going on! If you have an aversion to being filmed, please stay in the kitchen and enjoy snacks and fellowship during this time or go outside for air. Otherwise, just go about your waltz dancing as usual. You will be part of the backdrop for the action and the couple dancing. There is a confrontation in this scene and a bouncer escorting one of the dancers out the door so don’t be alarmed. 🙂 ]
We enjoy TuneRider (Austin Murry and Gretchen Caverly) every chance we get and that chance is at Clemmons on Tuesday, May 30! Their musicianship is excellent and their arrangements make the dancing extra fun as they surprise you with licks and hits you didn’t expect! Come and enjoy these energetic players and have fun with other dancers on the floor!
Veteran caller from over the Blue Ridge Parkway and from the Appalachian Trail, Warren Doyle, teaches and calls the dances for us while we become immersed in the music and enjoy the warmth of the friendly people around us. Warren enjoys dancing freely as much as calling so we can all relax and be free ourselves doing this thing called contra together!
– No partner necessary because you will dance with everyone in the room. 🙂
– If you’re new, you’ll probably have more fun if you attend the short lesson at 7:30 just before the dance.
– Please bring clean, soft soled shoes to change into in order to protect the floor and make dancing easier.
– Dancing starts at 8 and runs until 10:30 with a short break in the middle.
– Bring friends whenever you can for more fun and for growing the dance.
– Everyone makes mistakes but nobody cares so have fun!
Remember to treat all dancers, especially beginning dancers with care and respect and help them have a good time.
Note: there will be a slight price increase for non-members beginning in June
General admission $8
Full time students (under 25) $5.
Free Lesson 7:30 – 8
Dance 8 – 10:30 pm
Clemmons Civic Club
Exit 184 from I-40
2870 Middlebrook Drive, Clemmons, NC