Fiddle and Bow Country Dancers in association with Salem College Contra Collaborators is proud to offer you this new, convenient dance location and time!
We premiere this dance on Sunday, November 5, beginning at 5:30pm with the free lesson, then dance from 6pm-9pm. We have a hot band and caller from the Triangle coming over for this premiere – Eileen Regan and Tim Smith of the well known Big Celtic Fun band along with a great caller who is popular throughout the region, Emily Rush.
For out of town dancers, this Sunday early evening dance from 6pm -9pm offers you the chance to travel from other dance communities, yet still be home in time for sleep before your week begins. For Salem students, this is the ultimate in convenience and likewise is an early evening activity you can enjoy while not infringing on sleep time. Try it out!
– No partner necessary, No experience necessary
– If you can walk, you can contra dance
– If new, join in the fun lesson at 5:30
– Bring clean, soft soled shoes with you to change into to protect floors
– Bring friends for more fun!
– Community dancing for all ages
– High energy, live music
– Everyone makes mistakes but nobody cares
– The more you do it, the easier and more fun it becomes
– Treat one another with care and respect, smile and have a good time
Salem students and faculty $3
General admission $10 (Members $8)
Full time students 23 and under $6 (Members $5)
FREE Lesson 5:30 – 6
Dance 6 – 9 pm with short break in middle
Salem College: Bryant Hall
790 E. Salem Ave, Winston-Salem, NC
Easy access from Business-40 “Salem College” exit
From Hwy 52 there is a new way to come in on the newly completed road.
(Bryant Hall houses the gym, fitness center and Salem Commons)
Enter from Salem Avenue near the athletic fields on the south
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers Website: www.FeetRetreat.com
Follow us on our Facebook Page: Fiddle and Bow Country Dancers
Join our Facebook Group: Fiddle and Bow Contra Dancers
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.