Salem College Sunday early evening dance 6 PM – 9 PM with the Deep Valley Drifters!
Lesson starts at 5:30
Dance from 6 -9
We kick off the new year with this convenient Sunday early evening dance on January 7 at Salem College with the band, The Deep Valley Drifters, beginning with the lesson at 5:30. Maria Fairchild gets the piano rockin’ and also plays banjo and guitar while Ted Ehrhard draws out multiple melodies on fiddle, making it another dancer pleasing evening to enjoy with your friends.
Jacob LeGrone comes up from Charlotte to teach and call this one and that will gives a variety of dances to do, all of which I’m sure we’ll have fun with!
– No partner necessary, No experience necessary
– If you can walk, you can contra dance
– If new, join in the fun lesson at 5:30
– Bring clean, soft soled shoes with you to change into to protect floors
– Bring friends for more fun!
– Community dancing for all ages
– High energy, live music
– Everyone makes mistakes but nobody cares
– The more you do it, the easier and more fun it becomes
– Treat one another with care and respect, smile and have a good time!
Lesson 5:30pm – 6pm (the lesson is free but you really only learn by dancing)
Dance 6pm -9pm with a short break in middle
Salem students and faculty $3
General admission $10 (Members $8)
Full time students 23 and under $6 (Members $5)
Salem College: Bryant Hall
790 E. Salem Ave, Winston-Salem, NC
Easy access from Business-40 “Salem College” exits or
Access from 52 S.- take Exit 108b “Reasearch Parkway”, turn L,
follow to next light, L at light to traffic circle, 2nd Rd is Salem Avenue
(Bryant Hall houses the gym, fitness center and Salem Commons)
Enter from Salem Avenue near the athletic fields on the south
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers Website:
Follow us on our Facebook Page: Fiddle and Bow Country Dancers
Join our Facebook Group: Fiddle and Bow Contra Dancers
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.