Tuesday Oct. 17 at Clemmons we’ll dance to the highly energetic and unpredictable music by David DiGiuseppe of the bands Footloose, Contrazz, etc., and George Paul of the bands, Ivory Boys and Playing with Fyre. When these two, two of our longtime favorites, get together you can depend on a fiery and passionate performance, making dancing irresistible! These guys have experience and drive behind them, having been featured players of many dance weekends around the country. David DiGiuseppe is a nationally recognized accordionist known for his fiery and emotive playing.
Expect smooth, sultry dance sets, traditional sets, French-Canadian, jazz and driving – something for everyone, all done with finesse but with impromptu highlights that will inspire your dancing!
Dugan Murphy is our caller, coming all the way from Maine to introduce us to his own unique repertoire of dances. Dugan will be a featured caller at the LEAF (Lake Eden Arts Festival) the following weekend. We are fortunate to have a caller of this caliber with us at our dance!
– No partner necessary, No experience necessary
– If you can walk, you can contra dance
– If new, join in the fun lesson at 7:30
– Bring clean, soft soled shoes with you to change into to protect floors
– Bring friends for more fun!
– Community dancing for all ages
– High energy, live music
– Everyone makes mistakes but nobody cares
– The more you do it, the easier and more fun it becomes
– Treat one another with care and respect, smile and have a good time
General admission $9 (Members $8)
Full time students 23 and under $6 (Members $5)
Donations are always welcome to help cover the costs of the quality talent.
FREE Lesson 7:30 – 8
Dance 8 – 10:30 pm with short break in middle
Clemmons Civic Club
Exit 184 from I-40
2870 Middlebrook Drive, Clemmons, NC
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers Website: www.FeetRetreat.com
Follow us on our Facebook Page: Fiddle and Bow Country Dancers
Join our Facebook Group: Fiddle and Bow Contra Dancers
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.