You’ve donated $2,750 for the 2017 annual fundraiser! Nice work!
Click here and read or download the letter!
Did you know that several local bands and callers work for us for a very small token stipend amount to help this dance financially?
Did you know your Board is composed of all volunteers? You can volunteer too, its a rewarding experience! No matter what your special talent, gift or thing you like to do, there is a place for you! Find your board members or ask at the door how you can help.
The usual schedule is now like this but will vary so check here, Facebook or the flier to be sure:
1st Sundays at Salem College in Winston-Salem (except summer months – pay attention to where and when these dances will be held)
3rd Saturdays at Guilford Grange in Greensboro
One or possibly two Tuesdays a month at Clemmons Civic Club in Clemmons usually 1st or 2nd Tuesday
Better check here first! You don’t want to be the only one at a “dance” or on the other hand, miss a dance – your feet wouldn’t be happy!
Who’s on the Board:
Newly elected in November and still learning the ropes:
Eva Fritsch – Vice President (is doing most Facebook, website publication, and poster creation)
Lyle Jaffe – At large board member (publishes on local radio stations and newspapers)
John Hopson – Treasurer (book keeping, program payments and receipts, tax filing)
Secretary – position OPEN (ask about being Secretary for a Day to take meeting minutes and write them up)
Volunteers are needed! To help in various capacities such as:
Clemmons and Grange opener or closer for a day or short period of time
Secretary for a day – to take meeting minutes and write them up
OUTREACH – growing the dance
Each individual dancer who comes to our dances can do a lot to help our dance grow and be stronger.
- come to as many of our dances as circumstance allows-you are needed on the dance floor to make it fun!
- by word of mouth – work your enthusiasm of contra dancing into your conversations
- volunteer to put up posters at designated locations and let us know your idea for a poster location or on-line media outlet
- carry our business cards with you wherever you go (we will be printing some soon)
- help new people to feel welcome by taking good care of them during the dance, making a special effort to ask them to dance and getting to know them without being pushy
- Members – have a few guest cards on hand to give out to friends who have never danced with us. These allow you to invite those really interested in it to their first dance for FREE. Its an inexpensive way to bring friends with you to enjoy their first dance.
- wear contra dance tee shirts and buttons out in public as conversation starters
- keep your ears open to events or places we might hold a contra dance for people who have never danced and let us know about it
Feet Retreat 2018 contra dance weekend Sept 14-16 at Camp Millstone, near Ellerbe, NC
We are already in the planning stages and have these two amazing bands lined up:
Mean Lids (from Indiana and Illinois)
Faux Paws (Andrew VanNorstrand, Noah VanNorstrand and Chris Miller of Great Bear)
One of the two callers for this great weekend is:
The schedule below gives you an idea of the types of activities available at our Feet Retreats. This year’s schedule will be somewhat different.
See you on the dance floor!