Clemmons dance COOKOUT Tuesday August 8!!
Special event ! Our very own COOKOUT/Potluck for all our dancers and their friends! You must RSVP for your favorite meat. You can do this online (coming soon). We are supplying various meat items because of donations received for the purpose (you too may donate if able!). Sign up to bring various potluck side items to share too. This is going to be a fabulous feast!
The Cookout is a perfect time for members to use their guest passes to invite their friends who have never danced with us for their first time. If you did not get to pick up your passes don’t worry, you may pick some up at the door on the day of the event so the people you brought can get into the dance FREE!
Get EARLY BIRD Registration rates for our Extraordinary Dance Weekend , Feet Retreat, held September 15-17 …. now open online . Feet Retreat 2017
Or register by mail in : Feet Retreat 2017 Registration Forms
Memberships and new dance schedule are now in effect! Its slightly different for the Clemmons dance vs. the Greensboro dance. Check out our Letter to Our Dance Community about membership and future dance schedule. Quick and easy to sign up right here! Over 50 people have now signed up and will begin to receive these benefits this month:
– Membership card good for admission to all regular dances at the old prices (student qualification is slightly different than before)
– Ability to vote in annual General Elections
– Ability to serve on the Board if nominated
– Invitation cards for FREE admission for your friends who have never danced before or never danced at a Fiddle and Bow Country Dancers dance before
– Other member benefits will include tools to help grow your dance, make it thrive and introduce your friends to the wonderful hidden world of contra dancing!
– Thanks for contributing to our efforts to make the dance solvent
JULY – NEW SCHEDULE HAS BEGUN! 3 dances in the middle of the month- NEW RATES FOR NON-MEMBERS
July 18 – Such a nice dance last night in Clemmons! Thanks to our caller, Nick Boulet for helping the new people along. He called some fun dances with a few more challenging ones thrown in to keep us “on our toes”. Thanks to Mark Gaines on sound, we could hear everything fine and still be able to converse with our partners and neighbors during the dance as our fine band, Reel Shady filled the hall with happy tunes. See you at the next dances in August!
August – Two delicious special events are scheduled!
August 8 Tuesday- Cookout at Clemmons (please RSVP for this (online soon)
August 19 Saturday- Ice Cream Social at the Grange in Greensboro
– great bands and callers lined up for each!
August 15 a great new band for us , High Country Ramblers, is coming!
Come and enjoy sharing in the fun with the friendly people of your dance community during these great summer months!