We welcome the band, Steamshovel, which includes David White and Roger Gold. They play their instruments with the potential of the early steam shovels of the mid-1800s.
Both musicians have been playing for contra dances and with several other groups for years. They also compose music and sometimes add vocals to their repertoire. Their dance tunes include selections from the old-time repertoire tinged with Celtic influences and beautiful waltzes.
Gold’s proficiency on the guitar is extensive, ranging from Celtic and jazz styles to intricate melodic playing. He accentuates the sounds with the foot drum. He plays with the highly band The Elftones
White plays fiddle and banjo in the Appalachian old-time style. He lends his groovy, driving and “flowy” fiddling to the Redbud Ramblers.
We are always happy to have George Segebade calling the dances!
– No partner necessary! No experience necessary
– If you can walk, you can contra dance
– If new, join in the fun lesson at 7:30
– Bring clean, soft soled shoes with you to change into to protect floors
– Bring friends for more fun!
– Community dancing for all ages
– High energy, live music
– Everyone makes mistakes but nobody cares
– The more you do it, the easier and more fun it becomes
– Treat one another with care and respect, smile and have a good time
General admission $10 (Members $8)
Full time students 23 and under $6 (Members $5).
Free Lesson 7:30 – 8:00pm
Dance 8 – 11:00 pm
Fiddle & Bow Country Dancers
Fiddle & BowCountry Dancers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
Location: Guilford Grange Hall. 4909 Guilford School Rd, Greensboro, NC.
*Note – Despite what internet mapping sites may show, Guilford School Rd is NOT accessible from Guilford College Rd.
Directions: Traveling in either direction on I-40, take Exit 213 (Guilford College Rd). At the end of the ramp, turn right and continue about a mile until you cross railroad tracks at West Market Street. In 100 more feet, turn left onto Lindley Rd. Go 4 tenths mi., then turn right onto Guilford School Rd. The Grange is the last building on the right.